experience is the best teacher/practice makes perfect
Introduction to your management role
Objective Phase One
As a result of this course, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between Strategic, operational and tactical management roles
- Define their role as manager
- Leadership versus management
- Deal with the transition into management role
- Understand the dynamics of people management
- Deal with time management and job process planning
- Recognize their strengths and growth opportunities as managers
- Keep a keen eye on work-life balance
Communication and psychology: successful group interaction
Objective Phase Two
- Recognize the four behavioral styles and how to coach each.
- Capitalize on their style for more effective communication.
- Use basic coaching tools as managers.
- Understand Illustrate the impact of body language and vocal tones on communication.
The art of Delegation: getting others to perform at their best
Objective Phase Three
- Delegate tasks to others.
- Provide constructive feedback and follow up on goals and workgroup targets with subordinates.
- Set SMART goals for themselves and others.
- Counsel an employee who is not performing up to expectations.
- List tactics for dealing with difficult behaviors.
- Effectively run a business meeting.
Building successful teams
Objective of Phase Four
- Describe and apply motivational theories and techniques
- The dynamics of a well functioning team
- Leading cross-functional teams
- Team coaching
After completing Phase One, which is a 4 hour workshop, we meet once per week for a 2 hour session. Each session includes theory, practical examples and lots of opportunity to discuss and reflect. Each session concludes with a homework assignment that must be handed in before the next session. Each homework assignment is designed to enhance consolidation and practical application of lessons learned.